- Determine the requirements you have from an ideal buyer and set hard limits around financing terms.
- Create a listing that stands out from the crowd and weeds out false interest.
- Pre-screen each potential buyer to ensure that they are genuinely interested in purchasing the business and hire a trusted professional to request further information from each prospect.
- Once you’ve received detailed information on a potential buyer, go through it thoroughly to make sure they meet your pre-determined requirements and are capable of running the business well.
- Understand the difference between a strategic buyer and a financial buyer and how each will affect the future of the business.
- Know the market. Currently, it’s a very strong market for sellers and an excellent time to sell your business for a premium. Conditions may change soon, however, and could change your experience selling.
Read full article How to Find the Right Buyer for Your Business and Avoid Negative Consequences | Inc.com